what is lab testing?
Nest Family Medicine offers a wide variety of medical services, including on-site lab tests. These minimally invasive assessments are designed to detect and confirm the existence or lack of disease. By identifying health concerns in their early stage, it allows family practitioner Dr. Priti Ranjan to provide the best treatment possible to improve and manage your health. If you or your loved one are struggling with unexplained symptoms, suspect the flu, or are battling chronic fatigue, we invite you to reach out to our office in Plano, TX today to schedule a health exam. Dr. Ranjan will order the appropriate lab tests to get the answers and personalized treatment you deserve.
"Thank you dr. ranjan for your care. She explains concepts very clearly. I always feel very comfortable sharing my health problems Staff is very courteous."- S.S. / Google / Aug 17, 2020
"Dr. Priti is truly a family doctor who treats people as individuals with compassion, energy, and a wealth of knowledge and wisdom. She is hands on and practical as she explains your health and medicine questions. My favorite doctor ever!"- B.B. / Google / Jul 30, 2020
"Very friendly and knowledgeable staff."- S.T. / Google / Jul 24, 2020
"Dr Priti Ranjan is very active and knowledgeable in her profession. I had severe lower abdomen pain and consulted her for the same. She had an extremely professional approach to the problem and diagnosed correctly."- J.S. / Google / Jul 03, 2020
"Absolutely awesome! Appointment at 11.. in room by 1102, out by 1125... I will recommend her to everyone! Thank you for valuing my time!"- M.R. / Google / Jun 24, 2020
Types of Lab Tests
There are multiple types of lab tests, but the most common assessments include:
- Complete blood count (CBC): This analysis measures the red and white blood cells and platelets of the blood. It is often used to evaluate a patient's overall health, nutritional status, and screens for medical disorders.
- Urinalysis: This is a very simple and most frequently performed diagnostic test. A small sample of urine is collected from the patient to complete a general health screening.
- Basic metabolic panel: This is a blood test that measures blood sugar level, electrolyte and fluid volume, and kidney function. It can also assess how certain medications are affecting the kidneys and electrolytes.
- Cholesterol screening or lipid panel: This lab measures the amount of cholesterol and triglyceride levels of the blood. It can evaluate a patient's risk of heart disease and stroke.
- Hemoglobin A1C: This test calculates a patient's average blood sugar level over the past 2 – 3 months. It is used to identify and monitor diabetes.
- Cultures: These tests are used to diagnose infections and other diseases. They are most commonly used to identify the flu, strep throat, mono, urinary tract infections, and meningitis.
how are lab tests performed?
The majority of our lab services are minimally invasive and will require a blood or urine sample. The nature and severity of your symptoms will determine the type of tests that are ordered by Dr. Ranjan. All of our lab services are performed on-site at our Plano, TX office. On average, results usually take a few days or more, depending on the type of test performed. Once we have your results, Dr. Ranjan or a member of our team will give you a call to review our findings and discuss if any follow-up tests are necessary. From there, Dr. Ranjan will go over the best treatment options.
At Nest Family Medicine, our goal is to accurately diagnose and treat your health concerns with personalized medical care. With our in-house lab services, you and your family can conveniently gain the answers you need to improve and manage your health. We also accept a wide variety of insurance plans, including Medicare. Contact our office in Plano, TX today to schedule an appointment with our seasoned family practitioner, Dr. Priti Ranjan.