what is lab testing?
Nest Family Medicine offers a wide variety of medical services, including on-site lab tests. These minimally invasive assessments are designed to detect and confirm the existence or lack of disease. By identifying health concerns in their early stage, it allows family practitioner Dr. Priti Ranjan to provide the best treatment possible to improve and manage your health. If you or your loved one are struggling with unexplained symptoms, suspect the flu, or are battling chronic fatigue, we invite you to reach out to our office in Plano, TX today to schedule a health exam. Dr. Ranjan will order the appropriate lab tests to get the answers and personalized treatment you deserve.
"Dr. Ranjan is the absolute BEST!! She is kind and understanding and she takes the time to listen, not like a lot of other doctors that just rush in and out. She always takes care of me and my family. As soon as the doctor visit is over the staff is already sending any prescriptions that I may have to my pharmacy which I really appreciate because I don't have to wait all day to get them. I highly recommend Dr. Priti Ranjan to anyone who is looking for a great doctor!! I don't like the doctor's in my area so I rather drive to Plano to see Dr. Ranjan because I know they're gonna take care of me. All the staff are kind and professional. The girls at the front desk are very helpful and friendly and so are the medical assistants. Everyone is great!!"- M.G. / Google / Jun 29, 2021
"Dr. Ranjan and her team are the best. Definitely my preferred PCP!"- Y.J. / Google / Jun 25, 2021
"It was my 1st visit with Dr. Sarkar and she was very welcoming. She patiently listened to all of my concerns and throughly examined me. The staff was very friendly. I would definitely consider them as my preferred PCP."- S.P. / Google / Jun 21, 2021
"Warm environment, very thorough and helpful."- B.M. / Google / Jun 21, 2021
"We are lucky that we found Dr Ranjan. She is amazing. Staff is friendly and courteous."- J.P. / Google / Jun 16, 2021
what are common Lab Tests?
There are multiple types of lab tests, but the most common assessments include:
- Complete blood count (CBC): This analysis measures the red and white blood cells and platelets of the blood. It is often used to evaluate a patient's overall health, nutritional status, and screens for medical disorders.
- Urinalysis: This is a very simple and most frequently performed diagnostic test. A small sample of urine is collected from the patient to complete a general health screening.
- Basic metabolic panel: This is a blood test that measures blood sugar level, electrolyte and fluid volume, and kidney function. It can also assess how certain medications are affecting the kidneys and electrolytes.
- Cholesterol screening or lipid panel: This lab measures the amount of cholesterol and triglyceride levels of the blood. It can evaluate a patient's risk of heart disease and stroke.
- Hemoglobin A1C: This test calculates a patient's average blood sugar level over the past 2 – 3 months. It is used to identify and monitor diabetes.
- Cultures: These tests are used to diagnose infections and other diseases. They are most commonly used to identify the flu, strep throat, mono, urinary tract infections, and meningitis.
how are lab tests performed?
The majority of our lab services are minimally invasive and will require a blood or urine sample. The nature and severity of your symptoms will determine the type of tests that are ordered by Dr. Ranjan. All of our lab services are performed on-site at our Plano, TX office. On average, results usually take a few days or more, depending on the type of test performed. Once we have your results, Dr. Ranjan or a member of our team will give you a call to review our findings and discuss if any follow-up tests are necessary. From there, Dr. Ranjan will go over the best treatment options.
where to get lab testing
At Nest Family Medicine, our goal is to accurately diagnose and treat your health concerns with personalized medical care. With our in-house lab services, you and your family can conveniently gain the answers you need to improve and manage your health. We also accept a wide variety of insurance plans, including Medicare. Contact our office in Plano, TX today to schedule an appointment with our seasoned family practitioner, Dr. Priti Ranjan.