what is diagnostic testing?
Diagnostic tests are typically nonsurgical assessments that are performed to identify the presence or absence of a disease, injury, or underlying medical condition. There are numerous types of tests that can be used to evaluate your health. Most are very simple and performed on-site at our Plano, TX office while others may require a trip to a partner lab or hospital. Nest Family Medicine takes great pride in providing our patients with fast, convenient diagnostic services. Whether you or your child needs an x-ray to check for a broken bone, pneumonia, or other concern, our team has you covered. Call our office in Plano, TX to schedule an appointment with family physician Dr. Priti Ranjan.
"Thank you dr. ranjan for your care. She explains concepts very clearly. I always feel very comfortable sharing my health problems Staff is very courteous."- S.S. / Google / Aug 17, 2020
"Dr. Priti is truly a family doctor who treats people as individuals with compassion, energy, and a wealth of knowledge and wisdom. She is hands on and practical as she explains your health and medicine questions. My favorite doctor ever!"- B.B. / Google / Jul 30, 2020
"Very friendly and knowledgeable staff."- S.T. / Google / Jul 24, 2020
"Dr Priti Ranjan is very active and knowledgeable in her profession. I had severe lower abdomen pain and consulted her for the same. She had an extremely professional approach to the problem and diagnosed correctly."- J.S. / Google / Jul 03, 2020
"Absolutely awesome! Appointment at 11.. in room by 1102, out by 1125... I will recommend her to everyone! Thank you for valuing my time!"- M.R. / Google / Jun 24, 2020
Types of Diagnostic Tests
Some of the most common diagnostic tests that are frequently ordered by Dr. Ranjan include but are not limited to the following:
- Clinical exam: This is a physical exam of the body to assess areas of concern but is often used to evaluate asymptomatic patients as well. Dr. Ranjan will also review your medical history during this time.
- X-rays: Electromagnetic waves are used to capture images of the body's internal structures. This helps identify broken bones, tumors, foreign objects, and inflammation of the soft tissues.
- Ultrasound: High-frequency sound waves take pictures of various areas of the body for medical observation. This test is often used to identify the cause of symptoms, such as pain, swelling, and infection of the organs.
- CT/CAT: Advanced technology captures detailed images of the internal organs, bones, and soft tissues. This allows our team to assess the internal structures three-dimensionally.
- MRI/MR: This scan uses a combination of state-of-the-art technologies to take cross-sectional pictures of specific areas of the body. It can be used to assess the head, chest, abdomen, and pelvis.
- Biopsy: A small sample of tissue is taken from the body for examination. This is used to identify cancerous skin cells or other types of malignant tissue.
- EKG/ECG: This assessment measures the function and strength of the heart. It can help identify signs of heart disease.
how is diagnostic testing performed?
All diagnostic tests are different and are either invasive or noninvasive. For example, a biopsy is considered a minimally invasive procedure while all imaging exams are noninvasive. During your initial health assessment, Dr. Ranjan will determine which diagnostic tests should be performed to better understand your condition and symptoms. From there, she can go over how the test will be conducted and answer any questions or concerns you may have.
Quality medical care
If you or your child are struggling with chronic pain, unexplained swelling, or other symptoms, reach out to Nest Family Medicine in Plano, TX today to schedule an appointment with Dr. Ranjan. Our team is highly trained and experienced in performing diagnostic testing on adults and children so you and your family can get the answers and treatment you need. Our office also accepts most major insurance plans and Medicare.